Ruthlessly, until-recently-Leeds-based band Skandal push the boundaries of heavy riff oriented music with their latest release ”Year of the Cicada”, mixed and mastered by George Bokos of Rotting Christ fame. The 24 minute 4-track EP sees them capture a darker and heavier approach while maintaining all the elements of their explosive and catchy Heavy Rock/Rock n’Roll former identity, firmly branding their sound under the moniker of Doom n’ Roll.
Receiving high acclaim for the first EP ”First Step to Nowhere” by the press, the band managed to fight through internal hardships and book its first tour in support of its most recent release, building a reputation for soulful live performances, and gaining an army of loyal fans.
Skandal are currently seeking label interest, touring and one-off gigging opportunities in 2017 to further support ”Year of the Cicada”. Offering a ritualistic and unique live show, Skandal are dedicated to establishing themselves as an inspirational representative of the UK’s glorious heavy scene through extensive touring and album distribution.
Year of the Cicada Private Playlist
- “Heavily rooted in the 70’s doom metal and hard rock, mixed with a more modern style. The production sounds very professional for a self released recording, while the lyrics cover dark and real-life themes” Extreme Underground Music Zine 8 / 10
- “Energetic sound, catchy riffs, good stuff” Metal Trenches
- “These two fellas make a mighty fine racket creating an impressive headbanging sonic
menu that tastes better than a cup of Yorkshire Tea… Hopefully we’ll get to see more of
them in the future” The Midlands Rock 7 / 10
- “With their first EP around the corner, Skandal wave a flag with Doom ’n’ Roll written on
it. Hopefully, the release of their full length album is close. Keep this band on your
watchlist” Harte Musik 4 / 5
- “Seems like this eminently tasty music, is meant to be played live” Wings of Death
- “Through the work done, Skandal manage to convey the feeling they had in mind when
they picked the label of Doom ’n’ Roll for their music” Downtuned
- “When for some reason my wifi connection failed, I didn’t hesitate to use all my data to
continue listening to this” School of Rock 3.5 / 5
- “A release with massive production, and a band with characteristic professionalism many
would be jealous of” Straight on Music
- “Tremendous sound, thick guitars, as well as noteworthy vocals” 8 / 10
- “When the music comes out so spontaneous and ”in your face”, applause is in order”
73 / 100
- “The four tracks on Year of the Cicada ensure that the Greek/British band is presented
appealing when under the spotlight” White Room
- “You can hear the spirit of Lemmy, Skandal have some irons in the fire” Dark Entries 7 / 10
- Most Promising Act - Metal Hammer August 2014
- Tour of the Cicada pt I 9-date Tour - September/October 2016 in Greece
- Tour of the Cicada pt II 12-date Tour - June 2017 in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia, Slovakia, Serbia, Hungary, and England
- Tour of the Cicada pt III 18-date Tour - October 2017 in Greece & Bulgaria
- Tour of the Cicada pt IV 20-date Tour - December 2017 in Wales, England, Scotland, Iceland
- Shared the stage with Sabaton, Soulfly, Flotsam & Jetsam, Warrel Dane, Crucified Barbara, Planet of Zeus, Nightstalker, Bonfire, Gus G, D.A.D. and others since the beginning of the band.
- Schoolwave Festival 2015
- Chania Rock Festival 2013
- Chania Rock Festival 2015
- The band has either performed or booked shows in: Iceland, Germany, Greece, England, Scotland, Wales, Slovenia, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia, Serbia, Austria, Bulgaria
For all contact reach us at +44(0)7552789878 or email us at email@example.com
Hailing from Nicosia Cyprus, Infected Syren are about to release their debut album on the 12th of January 2018. The album incorporates Metal, Punk, Hardcore and Psychobilly, melding it all to create the bands unique sound. This is the result of being formed and performing since 2011 in Cyprus and abroad. It’s also the follow up to their 2012 demo which was very well received by fans and website reviews.
Worth noting is that all members have been active in the Cypriot metal scene since the late 90’s, as well as being involved in punk and metal bands while abroad. Experimenting and performing all those years has made Infected Syrens band members take their role seriously, of writing and performing heavy alternative music. Expect to hear very diverse influences from bands sucha as Megadeth, The Exploited, Fuzztones, Overkill, Brian Setzer and The Horrors.
Dark Poetry is a four-piece metal band from Cyprus with traditional Middle Eastern music influences.
The band was originally composed in 2002 of vocalist Andreas Pouyioukkas, guitarist Harry Andreou, bass guitarist Michalis Angeli and drummer Antreas Kallis. In 2010 they went through a reconfiguration, when vocalist Petros Koutzis replaced Andreas Pouyioukkas.
Since the beginning Dark Poetry was dedicated in composing original songs influenced by different genres of music. Throughout the years they were active in the local scene, sharing the stage with acts like Sepultura, Septic Flesh, Dark Quarterer, Lucifer’s Child, Nightstalker, Universe217 and many more. After two failed attempts of recording their material, they finally made it in 2017 and they are now ready to release an EP in January 2018 and their full length debut album later in the year.
Tysondog are a English heavy metal band formed in Newcastle, in the year 1983 during the NWOBHM boom. They quickly signed to Neat Records and issued their debut single “Eat the Rich” that same year. 1984 saw their first full-length, “Beware of the Dog,” which was produced by none other than Cronos of Venom. Cronos even perfomed backing vocals on the track “Demon” (listen for him in the chorus).
An EP, “Shoot to Kill” was released in 1985, and was followed the next year by the “Crimes of Insanity” LP, which, along with the single and Alice Cooper cover “School’s Out”.
Thrash metal had come to dominate the metal underground, and Tysondog with Castle released “Painted Heroes” in 2002, a collection of both full-length albums and the “Shoot to Kill” EP. With Rocksector Records 2015 and produced by Mantas saw the release of Tysondogs 3 album, Cry Havoc.
Tysondog are currently in the process of writing their 4th album, due for release 2018.
RESISTANCE are a Los Angeles based Heavy Metal band delivering a full on Metal assault from a broad range of influences. U.S. Power, Traditional, Thrash, and Classic Heavy Metal are genres often used to describe the band. The core of RESISTANCE (Paul Shigo, Matt Ohnemus, and Dan Luna) was born in 1986 through their collaboration together in several different bands, lineups, and names before officially forming RESISTANCE in January of 2000.
RESISTANCE released their highly sought after and now out of print first EP “A Certain Sorrow” in 2002. With the addition of new vocalist, Robbie Hett, the band followed up with (3) critically acclaimed albums, 2004’s “Lies In Black” (Lion Music), 2007’s Conceptual Metal masterpiece “Patents Of Control” (Lion Music) and (with the 2008 addition of new guitarist, Burke Morris), 2015’s “Volume 1 Battle Scars” (MMR Records).
In 2017 the band inked a deal with No Remorse Records (Greece), who released their highly acclaimed new studio album, “Metal Machine.” worldwide on June 27th , 2017.
Throughout the years RESISTANCE performed everywhere on stages and festivals both nationally and internationally including Germany’s “Head Bangers Open Air”, Greece’s “Up the Hammers Festival” Milwaukee Wisconsin’s “NYDM Spring Bash” and Ventura California’s “Frost and Fire Festival” all while gaining Legions of loyal fans worldwide.
Dark Void were formed by Andreas Tryfonos, Christos Papadopoulos, Giorgos Hajistilis and Panayiotis Soteriou in the summer of 2013. In the summer of 2014, Trifun and Phillipos joined the band, after Giorgos left the band for personal reasons.
After supporting the mighty Sepultura in June 2014, the band got in the studio in July 2014 and recorded a 6-track EP called “Release the Kraken”. After recording, several live performances took place all over Cyprus. In November the band supported Q5.
The EP was released on April 3rd.